3M has a Volunteer Match program in which they will donate $500 to any organization for which a 3M employee or retiree has volunteered at least 25 hours in a calendar year.
(Note – if you volunteer with more than 1 organization, and exceed 25 hours with each, you’ll need to decide who gets the donation. 3M will only give to one organization per volunteer per year.)
This 25 hour threshold translates to 6 or more boat trips for each person over the course of the season. Volunteer service is not limited to trips but also would include attending monthly Board Meetings, State delegate meetings, Fundraising Events over the year (fish fry’s etc…) or attending an annual training meeting held in the Spring.
The 3M volunteer match is a very generous gift to LGF each year and helps sustain an organization. The application for the 3M match is done on-line, and is pretty simple.
Here are the instructions:
- Go to www.3Mgiving.com
- Scroll down to “3M Matching Gift Program – Register for a matching gift.“
- Click on “Login – outside 3M Network”
- Enter your employee number, using “01” as the first 2 digits instead of “us”
- Enter your password. (If this is your first time to the site, you’ll have to establish a new password.)
- Read the form, then click “I accept.”
- Scroll down and click on Volunteer Match
- Register your volunteer hours for a match.
You need to specify Let’s Go Fishing as the receiving organization.
If you have done this in the past, you can simply hit “Create New” under Action. Otherwise, enter the name of the organization and the state.
IMPORTANT! You may see more than one Let’s Go Fishing organization. Be sure to select your organization.
Enter the number of hours you volunteered, as follows:
- Fill in the start and end dates for your season.
- Select a descriptor for the volunteer activity you provided. None of them really match what we do, so I use “Other”.
- For 3M Location select “Non-3M Community”.
- When you’re done, hit Save and Proceed, then follow the instructions for LGF verification of your volunteer hours. This can be sent to your president for verification.